At Nanotech Surface Solutions, we are aware of the mental, physical, and legal issues slipping accidents cause, which is why we decided to step in and solve this. Did you know approximately 17,000 people in the US die from slip and fall injuries every year? This is without considering the number of people that suffer injuries because of this, which is obviously much higher! So why keep risking it when there's a solution? Anti-Slip Coating is an invisible nano-based (TiO2) long-lasting, non-toxic coating that increases the grip on treated floors when wet. Anti-Slip Coating does not alter the floor's appearance in any way yet still creates a permanent solution for slipping accidents. No matter if you have a floor made out of ceramic tile, porcelain tile, mosaic tile, or even polished granite, Anti-Slip Coating will add nano-sized TiO2 particles which will get activated every time liquids touch them, creating non-slip surfaces and safer areas!
Drastically reduce slip and fall accidents due to wet floors!
Anti-Slip Coating is a TiO2-based treatment for a wide variety of flooring materials that gets activated whenever there's water, increasing the grip of treated surfaces and preventing slipping accidents. Anti-Slip Coating, besides being completely invisible and non-toxic, will give you peace-of-mind by creating safer and accident-free zones whenever there's wet floors nearby.
Some of this kit's benefits include:
- Ready-to-use product.
- Does not etch the surface, instead it adds TiO2 nano particles.
- Easy to apply: spray, let sit for 20 seconds to 3 minutes (depending on floor material), clean & enjoy non-slippery floors.
- No shelf life expiration.
- For porcelain tile, ceramic tile, mosaic tile, polished granite.
- Does not alter the appearance of the substrate.
- For commercial, residential, and industrial use.
- Great area coverage: 500 square feet per gallon on average.
- Long-lasting effect.
1. How does Anti-Slip Coating work?
Once applied, Anti-Slip Coating creates a long-lasting, nano-based layer of TiO2 rectangular-shaped structures that move back and forth whenever someone steps on them while the surface is wet. This structures, combined with this movement, are able to increase the floor's friction coefficient turning the surface into a non-skid one. Anti-Slip Coating is NOT an etching solution.
2. Do I have to clean the floor before applying Anti-Slip Coating?
In order for our coating to bond properly, the floor surface needs to be completely clean, free of all contaminants, waxes, previous coatings and completely dry.
3. Can I seal over it or will it work on a sealer?
Anti-Slip Coating will not work if applied over an existing sealer or if a sealer is applied over it. If you're looking for a high-traffic, industrial sealer with anti-skid properties, please use our two part component industrial coating system: Lacquepoxy which comes in clear or tinted versions.
4. What kind of floors can I use Anti-Slip Coating on and how long before it increases their friction coefficient?
Anti-Slip Coating will only bond and increase the friction coefficient on floors made out of polished granite, ceramic & porcelain tiles, quarry & slate tiles. The bonding process varies depending on the floor material. For example, most porcelain tiles require anywhere from 20- 30 seconds, most ceramic tiles require anywhere from 30-50 seconds and polished granite may take up to a couple of minutes before achieving the desired results.
5. Can I use Anti-Slip Coating on different floor materials than the ones specified above?
You shouldn't use it on other floor materials as 1) It will not bond to them 2) It might alter the material's appearance and turn it dull.
6. How do I know the floor's friction coefficient has been increased?
After spraying the product on the floor, wait about 20 seconds before running your fingers/ hand on the treated surface area. You'll be able to notice a difference right away once the coating has bonded. If you can't feel anything give it another 15-20 seconds and repeat this step. Once you can feel the grip increase, use water to neutralize and clean the treated surface. It is important to neutralize the coating as it might turn the floor dull if it's left on it too long.
7. How do I maintain the surface?
The treated surface should be cleaned every 2-3 weeks by using water and a mild cleaning agent such as out biodegradable cleaner: Bio Clean.
8. Does Anti-Slip Coating work underwater?
Absolutely! We've had a large number of clients use our product due to slippery pool issues. The application has crated safer spaces by dramatically reducing slip and fall accidents.9. When will I receive my products?
9. When will I receive my products?
Most orders are shipped within 1-2 business days from Austin, TX via USPS Priority Mail. If needed, you can expedite this by selecting a different shipping method.
10. What if I receive a damaged product?
No problem! Notify us as soon as you receive your package and we'll replace it free of charge.